Happy Thursday, everyone! Today, I am bringing you a really fun DIY project that's perfect to make during the weekends. I got this idea from Pinterest and quickly wanted to make it for my small downtown apartment. I love how convenient this wall organizers are and I was surprised at how easy they are to make. The fun part is that you can get creative with it and give it your little own touch. For example, I painted the pots for the herb garden with chalkboard spray paint to be able to identify each herb easily. I also painted some of pipe clamps with gold spray paint to make it look different from the herb garden. Once you get the idea of how to make them, you can start getting creative and add your little touches. Let's get started!
|HERB GARDEN WALL|
FOR THE HERB GARDEN WALL YOU WILL NEED:
Wooden Board (I got mine from Home Depot and asked them to cut it into 25'' pieces)
Chalk Paint & Chalk (I used the Rust-Oleum Chalk Board Spray Paint)
Hammer, Nails and Screwdriver
Herbs (I'm using basil, mint and cilantro)
1. Use tape to cover the areas of the pots that you want to protect from the chalkboard paint.
2. Paint your pots using the chalkboard spray paint and let it dry for at least 2 hours.
3. While your pots are drying, start working on the wooden boards. Measure your board and mark the areas where you want to place your pots. I left ~2" of space between each pot.
4. Secure the pipe clamps to the wooden board. Do this by hammering the nails through the small holes in the pipe clamp.
5. On the back of the wooden board, secure the D-Ring hangers using a screwdriver.
6. Plant your herbs once the chalkboard paint is completely dry.
Optional: Add extra soil when planting the herbs. I used an organic mix for vegetables and fruits.
7. Place your pots into the pipe clamps and tighten using a screwdriver.
8. Secure a nail into the with a hammer and hang your herb garden! I placed mine in the kitchen, that way I can conveniently use any of the herbs I need when preparing my favorite recipes.
|MASON JAR WALL ORGANIZER|
FOR THE MASON JAR WALL ORGANIZER YOU WILL NEED:
Wooden Board (I got mine from Home Depot and asked them to cut a 21.5" piece)
Wood Finish Paint (optional, I used it to give the wooden board a darker finish)
Gold Spray Paint
Triangle Ring Hanger
Picture Frame Hanger
Hammer, Nails and Screwdriver
1. Paint the pipe clamps using the gold spray paint. Let it dry for at least 1 hour.
2. Measure your board. Using a pencil, mark the areas where you want to place the jars.
3. Once your pipe clamps are dry, secure them to the wooden board. Do this by hammering the nails through the small holes in the pipe clamp.
4. On the back of the wooden board, secure the triangle ring hangers using a screwdriver.
5. Place your mason jars into the pipe clamps and tighten using a screwdriver.
6. Nail the picture frame into the wall with a hammer and hang your wall organizer! I placed this one in the bathroom to store my makeup brushes and toothbrush. I added flowers in the middle for a decorative touch, but remember that you can give it your own twist and add what works best for you.